Friday, May 20, 2011

Quad Biking in Africa....

Now this is not in order of events at all just here and there but wanted to start with how 2 friends ( Abbey and Sylvana) and I decided it would be fun to go quad biking while staying at the Ivory Tree Lodge, the best ever lodge might I add. Our guide Lameka was so great,although Im sure he thought we were a little crazy as we were squealing like little girls the whole way, he looked at us a few times with his head cocked to the side im sure wondering if we had any idea what we were doing. He  took us through a little village near the lodge called Bakgatla. While riding past these little houses I wondered to myself if the noise as well as the sight of these weird looking white ladies bothered them, they would peer out to us with no expression  at all until we started to wave at every person we saw... then they would wave back and smile and I figured they didn;t mind so much although my arm did get a little sore after a while :) driving past the local hair salon, cows lazing about on the streets, kids in every direction, the infamous red dirt of Africa all over our faces and clothes, oh and my camera which I wasnt happy about but thats for another post. It felt so adventurous and at the same time such an eye opening experience. Their houses weren't much at all but they were all SO happy and going about their day. This made me feel more grateful for the country I live in with all its freedoms and beauty that it offers, not that its supereior in anyway to Africa just different I guess. It was so fun, enjoy the pics!....and  I miss Africa :(

4 comments:

N.A.D.I.A said...

Way to come back after 4 years absence!

Could totally picture you guys squealing....and waving hahaha

Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Snyder Family said...

Hina, I LOVE reading your posts! So good to "See" you in blogland! Your little ones are adorable! Maybe I should follow your lead and make some posts on our blog! Take care!