Thursday, May 19, 2011

2 consecutive days of blogging im on a roll!

To my dear 2 pity readers....ok so here it is, I think I have figured out why this blogging thing can be so good. VENTING. Since half the things that I want to talk about are no more exciting than watching paint dry, blogging is a remedy for the things i just need to get out but KNOW that when Stanford gets home the only response I'll get is glassed over eyes or a "what is she going on about" stare. So vent no. 1 for today is that my house seriously needs a detox. I need to purge my poor home of the unnecessesaries of life..... I was thinking of adding before and after pics of certain areas of my house that need an internal cleansing  but then thought better of it because you would probably think I was a slob.

So we just got back from our amazing South Africa trip which I will definately post more about in the coming days along with the incredible images we took whilst there, i know, i know dont all log on at once my blogs will be here for the eternities for your entertainment and  perusal :P.  While there I purchased some awesome African home wares, of which i did some pretty impressive bargaining, if I do say so myself. Once unpacked I walked around my house and thought what lucky spot will get to wear and display these gorgeous  authentic African gifts with pride..... then realised there was not even one spot that was even remotely do-able!? How have I ended up with as much 'stuff' as I have??? how do I get rid of it? I dont think i am ready for a garage sale just yet, does that make me a hoarder?? maybe so but I plan doing a "winter-spring clean" in the coming days. Wish me luck :)

On a more positive note, this morning Carter boy pointed to me and said 'mama' then smacked his lips together and waited for a kiss, my whole body absoloutely melted, right at that moment I would've given him  anything he wanted from me ....note to self - ok to melt, not ok that time is going way too fast.:(

3 comments:

N.A.D.I.A said...

You now have 3 pitiful readers haha! I loved the link to that article though - I need to do another couple of blogs!

Can't wait to see all the pics from SA.

Man you should've just taken the photo's!

Yay for Carter!

The Webster Family said...

woohoo my first comment! this is feeling really real! hahaha I thnk i will take some photos of some not so slobbish areas :P photos of sa coming soon.

Felicity said...

HINA - how are you!! So great to stumble on your blog (thanks to Nadia :) Can't wait to see and hear more about your South Africa trip - WOW!!! Hope you are well and hope you don't if I stop back and check out what you guys are up to and read all your vents....hahaha!

xo